Rhodes Business School Online Application Form 2023/2024, Courses Offered, Admission Requirements, Prospectus, and How to apply for Rhodes Business School admission 2023 intake.
This is to inform the general public and prospective students that the Rhodes Business School online application form 2023 has been opened for enrollment.
Rhodes Business School offers courses for P0stgraduate, Undergraduate, Diploma, and Certificate programs and has a serene study environment.
Rhodes Business School Online Application 2023 | How to Apply.
Applications to the Rhodes Business School for the 2023 admission year are open for Postgraduate, Certificate, Diploma, and Undergraduate applicants. Prospective applicants can apply now the applications are available for submission.
Before applying for admission at The Rhodes Business School;
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification.
- Know your choice of course to study
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at the Rhodes Business School for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process.
All students who wish to apply for admission at the Rhodes Business School are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (e.g. Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
List of Courses Offered at Rhodes Business School
Below is the list of courses that you can study at the Rhodes Business School:
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) offered by the Rhodes Business School is a course-work degree together with a dissertation of fifteen thousand (15 000) words. The dissertation accounts for 30% of the total credits. The degree is offered on a part-time, modular basis over two and a half years. In the first two years, candidates are required to attend two three-week teaching blocks in Grahamstown each year and to complete work-based assignments in the periods between the teaching blocks. The final six months is dedicated to the completion of the dissertation.
The Rhodes Business School’s essence is “Leadership for Sustainability” and hence leadership and sustainability principles underline all subjects in the MBA curriculum. Emphasis is placed on business continuity, as well as achieving a balance between economic, social and environmental sustainability (the Triple Bottom Line). The Business School has committed itself to abide by the Principles for Responsible Management Education (PRME).
The MBA is designed to equip practising and potential managers to assist in the creation, development and leadership of successful organisations in a competitive business environment. To this end, the Rhodes MBA has been designed around what managers need to know in order to ensure that they are able to contribute to the achievement of superior business results in the organisations for which they work.
In addition, the Rhodes MBA curriculum has been benchmarked against the curricula of other leading Business Schools. It is also important to note that the Rhodes MBA is fully accredited by the Council on Higher Education. To focus on equipping its graduates with the knowledge and skills to pursue managerial and organisational excellence, the Rhodes MBA programme is based on the following principles:
- It is primarily a general MBA aiming to provide an integrated, conceptual and theoretical framework within which to understand generic areas of business and management. It is possible, however, to take up to four elective courses in Environmental Management
- It assumes no prior depth of knowledge of business, economics and/or accounting. It is an academic conversion programme, where graduates with first degrees in a diversity of subjects can attain professional knowledge of business and management
- It aims to enhance previous management-related work experience by helping students to evaluate their practical business experience from a more professional, academic and research perspective
- Where appropriate, it uses a case study-based teaching methodology incorporating South African case studies where they are available.
Applicants should normally:
- have an NQF8 or equivalent qualification. This is an honours degree (e.g. BCom(Hons) or BSc (Hons)), a Postgraduate Diploma (e.g. Certificate in the Theory of Accounting or Postgraduate Diploma in Enterprise Management) or
- a FOUR year bachelor’s degree (e.g. B Bus Sci or B Eng).
- all applicants are required to sit the NMAT test https://www.nmat.org/
- have a minimum of three year’s full-time relevant practical business and/or organisational experience.
- be proficient in English
- have obtained a pass in Mathematics in Senior Certificate examination or equivalent
You do not need a first degree in business, accounting or economics in order to apply. We welcome applications from graduates in any field (e.g. engineering, arts, science, law etc.)
If you are attracted by what the Rhodes MBA has to offer, but are unsure about your eligibility for our programme and whether it is the right course for you, please contact the Director of the Rhodes University Business School, for an informal discussion.
How to Apply
Below are the steps to take for successful application to Rhodes Business School for the 2023 intake.
- Go to https://www.ru.ac.za/businessschool/
- Click on Apply
- Complete the application process by providing all required information
- Upload all required supporting documents
- Pay your application fee (if applicable)
- Submit your application
Rhodes Business School Contact Details
Rhodes Business School
Top Floor Rhodes University Theatre Building
Cnr. Somerset and Prince Alfred Streets
Rhodes Business School
P.O. Box 94
Telephone Number: Fax Number:
[email protected] (Director)
[email protected] (Manager:Administration)
[email protected] (Finance & Admin Officer)
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!