International Institute for Sports Science and Fitness Training (IIFT) Courses 2023… Official list of Undergraduate, Postgraduate, Certificate and Diploma courses offered at IIFT for the 2023 academic year.
This is to inform the general public and all those interested in studying at the IIFT that the list of courses offered at the institution has been published online and available below.
List of International Institute for Sports Science and Fitness Training (IIFT) Courses Offered
Below is the list of courses that you can study at the International Institute for Sports Science and Fitness Training (IIFT):
IIFT SHORT COURSES
- Step Instructor Course
- Exercise for Seniors
- Cardio Athletic Kickbox
- Antenatal Exercises
- Aqua-Aerobic Exercises
- Perceptual Development
STEP INSTRUCTOR COURSE
This intensive course affords every instructor/trainer the opportunity to give Step classes. Well-trained instructors can also coach athletes for aerobic championships. Some of the concepts taught are: IIFT Courses – Courses offered at IIFT International Institute for Sports Science and Fitness Training
- Correct techniques
- Height of step
- Building from simple towards more complicated movements on the step
- Increase in exercise intensity
- Use of arms, strength, speed and suppleness
The step course is fitness-oriented and choreography, which is also oriented towards sport and aerobic championships, is also taught at a more advanced level.
EXERCISE FOR SENIORS
This course affords one the opportunity to learn how to design and present exercises for seniors and to promote seniors’ mental health, and discusses:
- Knowledge of exercises for seniors
- Exercise techniques, exercise programmes and the promotion of interpersonal relations among seniors
- The importance of regular exercise for seniors
CARDIO ATHLETIC KICKBOX
On completion of this course the instructor/trainer
- will be able to present the concepts of the cardio athletic kickbox;
- will know how to apply the concepts;
- will know how to develop leadership and interpersonal skills;
- will understand the importance of group dynamics when exercising in a group context; and
- will be able to integrate music with movement, choreography, communication, cueing and techniques required for cardio athletic kickbox.
This is an intensive group course setting high standards. Fitness, strength, speed, coordination and suppleness are required.
Before a student may take this course, he/she first needs to meet die admission requirements, and should therefore be in possession of:
- Personal Trainer qualification
- Group Fitness qualification
- Fitness qualification
The course outcome is based on prior knowledge, as specified, with a better knowledge of
- correct exercise;
- warning signs and symptoms;
- important trends;
- important exercises for pregnant women (dos and don’ts);
- adaptation of exercises;
- relaxation techniques;
- breathing techniques; and
This course is presented by highly qualified professionals, physiotherapists and biokineticists.
This course affords every instructor the opportunity to present water exercises for all age groups.
This course follows on from the following courses:
- Personal Trainer course
- Group Fitness course
- Fitness course
- BA (Sport and Exercise Science)
On completion of this course you, as instructor, will
- have adequate knowledge of the concepts of aqua-aerobic exercises;
- know how to implement these concepts;
- be able to promote interpersonal relations through aqua-aerobic exercises; and
- know how to apply music, movement, strengthening choreography, communication, cueing, anatomy, kinesiology and muscle physiology in all group aqua-aerobic classes.
This knowledge has application in all aspects of sport and exercise science.
It affords every qualified instructor the opportunity to do further research.
The aim of this course is to promote the total development of the toddler and junior learner up to and including Grade 3 by means of play and movement. Total development entails physical, neurological and intellectual development as well as emotional, social and character development. Language development and numeracy development are particularly important as a basis for later intellectual development.
Increasing emphasis is placed on the importance of the development of the child and preparing him/her for school. That is why development and school-preparedness programmes are getting more and more attention. School preparedness entails being ready physically and neurologically, as well as emotional readiness, social readiness and a minimum level of language development, numeracy development and character development. As school preparedness includes all of the above, a total preparation programme, aimed at all of the above, is necessary. The total preparation or development of the toddler and small child can be promoted in various ways. However, play and movement are the most natural and effective way of developing all facets of the child’s personality. A total development programme via play and movement is therefore eminently suited to preparing and developing toddlers and junior learners.
This process of movement development is followed up and applied to children in the age group 8-12. The programme is based on
- cardiovascular aspects;
- endurance; and
- physical strength, coordination and suppleness.
The outcome of this course will equip everyone who took it with knowledge of
- group exercises for children;
- how to handle this process;
- interpersonal and leadership development;
- the development of self-confidence and stress relief by means of play;
- the composition of music;
- choreography, communication, cueing, anatomy, kinesiology and muscle physiology; and
all aspects of a group class.
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!