ACT Cape Town Online Application Form 2023/2024, Courses Offered, Admission Requirements, Prospectus, and How to apply for ACT Cape Town admission 2023 intake.
This is to inform the general public and prospective students that the ACT Cape Town online application form 2023 has been opened for enrollment.
ACT Cape Town offers courses for Postgraduate, Undergraduate, Diploma, and Certificate programs and has a serene study environment.
ACT Cape Town Online Application 2023 | How to Apply.
Applications to the ACT Cape Town for the 2023 admission year are open for Postgraduate, Certificate, Diploma, and Undergraduate applicants. Prospective applicants can apply now the applications are available for submission.
Before applying for admission at The ACT Cape Town;
- Make sure you meet the admission requirements and the required academic points score for your chosen qualification.
- Know your choice of course to study
- Have Valid Contact Details: Ensure that you have a valid cellphone number and email address.
- Prepared Your Documents: These documents will be required from students applying to study at the ACT Cape Town for the first time. You will need to upload them as part of your application so make sure you have the following before you begin the online process.
All students who wish to apply for admission at the ACT Cape Town are recommended to have the following essential documents/attachments (scanned & uploaded to an electronic device)
- Copy of your school qualifications (e.g. Senior Certificate, National Senior Certificate)
- Copy of your official tertiary academic record(s) (if applicable) (internet copies will not be accepted)
- Copy of your ID document or ID/passport (international students)
- Copy of your marriage certificate (if applicable) or divorce decree (if applicable)
- Sworn translations of documents if they are not in English or Afrikaans
List of Courses Offered at ACT Cape Town
The ACT Cape Town offers a wide variety of full-time courses related to sports and fitness:
- Certificate in Acting for Film
- Auditioning for Camera
- Acting For Film (Kids and Teens)
ACTING FOR FILM (KIDS & TEENS)
Taught by top industry professionals, our program provides students with a safe and supportive space for learning and creative expression. Develop communication and presentation skills, build confidence, create a vision for your life and open the door to new career opportunities. All while learning the magical art of acting.
- Acting for Film
- Acting for Stage
- Acting Technique
- Creative Movement
- Voice & Speech
- Audition Technique
- Presenting for Camera
- Acting for Commercials
The year culminates in a short film shoot showcased at our annual cinema screening.
Material may be used for the acting student’s show-reel.
Students, who successfully complete a full year’s training, will receive an ACT Certificate of Completion.
Students may be recommended to participate in a graded performance examination through the internationally recognised London Academy of Music and Dramatic Art (LAMDA).
Details may be obtained through the office.
- Students wishing to continue their studies with us may re-enrol for the following year. Program structure will remain the same, however course curriculum and content is adjusted to consider individual requirements of student and overall performance level of class.
- Students participating in the annual LAMDA examination will, upon successful completion, continue with the journey onto the next level.
Full-Time Courses – Accredited / Internationally Recognised
The Higher Certificate in Acting for Film (1st Year) concentrates on building a solid foundation in the craft of acting through exercises, mastering technique, theory and performance practice.
The year culminates in a film shoot showcased at Graduation.
“Act Cape Town has given me the tools, knowledge and opportunity to apply myself as an actor and helped me bridge the gap from studying to working in the industry” – Evan Hengst, Actor (Lioness, The Kissing Booth)
The Advanced Certificate in Acting for Film (2nd Year) consolidates and refines the acting techniques learnt in the first year whilst further broadening the skills base necessary to be successful in the industry.
With an increased focus on project-based learning, advanced certificate students participate in a variety of productions, from voice-over, to theatre to short films. Students final work will be screened at Graduation. Material may be used for acting student’s show-reel.
Building on a strong foundation set in our 2 Year Accredited Program, the ‘Third Year Professional Program’ affords a select group of student’s unrivalled performance experience and exposure. Master classes with top industry professionals together with the internationally recognized LAMDA qualification, complete this unique mentorship program.
A hands-on, fully immersive production year, designed to bridge the gap between the classroom and the profession.
How to Apply
Below are the steps to take for successful application to ACT Cape Town for the 2023 intake.
- Go to https://www.actcapetown.co.za/
- Click on Apply
- Complete the application process by providing all required information
- Upload all required supporting documents
- Pay your application fee (if applicable)
- Submit your application
ACT Cape Town Contact Details
4 Loop Street, Studio 703, 7th Floor, Cape Town, South Africa
+27 (0)866 363 978
SHARE THIS POST WITH OTHERS!